NEW JERSEY / LONG ISLAND TERRITORY REPRESENTATIVE – Cowtan & Tout
Posted date: 6/26/17
The Cowtan & Tout New Jersey/Long Island Territory Sales position is responsible for selling product to the Trade on a wholesale basis. This role requires extensive knowledge of Cowtan & Tout products, brands, collections and the home décor interior design industry. The sales employee must demonstrate the ability to develop sales channels and build client relationships. As an outside sales representative this position requires a high level of self-direction, initiative, persistence and productivity focus on results.
- Develop sale channels through a high level of commitment, energy, initiative and imagination.
- Cultivate new clients and business. Understand the market and the needs and desires of perspective clients.
- Set goals and sales strategy, be assertive, proactive and have the internal drive to succeed.
- Execute sales plans and strategy that are aligned to target key clients, identify opportunities, achieve results and maximize your return.
- Promote new collections with product presentations, sales calls and after sales support.
- Be assertive, proactive, innovative and willing to go remarkable lengths to deliver quality to our customers.
- Know your clients, know your industry, know our brands and products, know your competition. Stay abreast, active, current and interested.
- 5 Years Industry Sales Experience
- Education in sales, marketing or interior design
- Active interest in Interior Design
- Excellent Presentation Skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self Confidence
- Highly Persuasive
- Focus and Drive
HOW TO APPLY
Candidates may apply by submitting application through our employment web link. Please upload resume or a linkedIn profile for easy auto-fill.
External Careers Website -Link to job posting: http://bit.ly/2rTBkfv
You may also submit a resume and cover letter directly by email to Susan_Deangelis@cowtan.com.
Textile Outside Sales Representative – Création Baumann
Posted date: 6/16/17
Création Baumann is currently seeking an experienced, motivated outside sales representatives to grow sales in existing accounts and develop new accounts throughout the Greater New York area through direct relationships with Interior Designers, Architects and Commercial buyers.
- Identify leads, manage prospects and acquire new business
- Maintain and grow revenue in accounts
- Recognize opportunities to maximize sales growth
- Service existing clients
- Provide timely accurate reporting
- Effectively demonstrate product line
- Meet established goals for territory development and sales quotas
- Recent and successful experience in textile sales, along with a sincere commitment to sales performance
- An independent, self-sufficient sales professional who can identify opportunities and has the drive to pursue them
- An understanding of the unique needs of the textile industry and needs of customers
- Appreciation for our product and enthusiasm in making recommendations to customers.
- Excellent listening and communication skills
- Professional demeanor and outgoing personality
Desired Qualifications: Bachelor Degree or Associates degree
Création Baumann designs, produces and sells high quality interior decoration fabrics worldwide. High-quality innovative products and systems for interior decoration with fabrics. Thousands of satisfied private customers, business clients and designers. Market success in creation, production and distribution for over 130 years. A brand with a bright future: Création Baumann.
To apply, send your resume to Carie.Johnson@creationbaumann.com.
Soft Goods Specialist/Showroom Manager – David Michel Interiors
Posted date: 6/15/17
Seeking a showroom manager who is able to multi-task and has knowledge in the design field, soft window treatments and shades in particular.
- Work with our designers, workrooms and installers to coordinate customers’ specialty orders.
- Responsible for the custom labor and administrative work
- Calculate yardage requirements, drapery, bedding and hardware deductions.
- Complete understanding of all drapery hardware and ability to order.
- In depth knowledge of selling Hardlines (including but not limited to Hunter Douglas) and soft window treatments.
- Ability to quote and calculate yardage.
- Write up drapery, bedding and other related products’ work order tickets.
- Computer literate- knowledge of Excel, Quickbooks and Outlook
- Schedule appointments for measure, service and installation
- Communicate with installers as to the day’s appointments
- Track projects with workroom and keep clients notified as to status
- Handle service issues
Qualified individuals will have design and fabric knowledge, basic office skills, light bookkeeping knowledge and a pleasant phone and showroom manner, detail-oriented and ability to multi-task.
Salary commensurate with experience.
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Intern – Élitis
Posted date: 5/10/17
Elitis is seeking an intern. This job will last for anywhere from a school semester to 6months (possibly longer)
We are flexible to days and hours. Position is based in the showroom but some additional support at our HQ may be requested.
- Pulling sample memos (this requires some ladder climbing)
- Data Entry
- Creating and maintaining displays
- Keeping product organized and labeled
- Small errands
Please send resumes to: Contact.email@example.com
Sales Associate – John Rosselli & Associates
Posted date: 5/9/17
- Sales Professional for a High End Multi Line Showroom
- Five years experience in the luxury home furnishings industry
- Established client base preferable
- Must generate sales leads and turn them into realized sales
- Motivated, articulate, highly organized and be able to multi task
- Good communication and follow through skills
- Attention to detail and highest standards of customer service qualities essential
- Team player with excellent computer skills.
Send Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Editor – GO DESIGN GO
Posted date: 5/8/17
The Go Design Go (GDG) Editor is responsible for content development; executing features and posts that inform the interior design trade on the Cohen Design Centers, their showrooms, brands, manufacturers, industry developments, personalities and topics of interest, with support and direction from the CDC Marketing Teams.
The right candidate will be eager to take ownership of the blog and be the face of Go Design Go. This person will come with fresh ideas and perspectives. Cohen Design Centers are positioned in key markets throughout the country and GDG’s coverage should reflect that. This is a fully collaborative position; the editor should offer suggestions on how to engage the audience, brand the blog as an extension of the CDC, and ultimately take GDG to the next level and beyond.
- Develop and maintain editorial calendar; identify topics and pitch special features that lend themselves to a variety of formats; enhance the brand positioning for the GDG blog
- Establish and maintain an acceptable number of weekly posts that fulfill a mandate of quality of content over quantity of features
- Reach out to subjects conducting thorough interviews/research, obtaining all necessary information and elements for each feature
- Curate image submissions and photograph events to accompany stories; ensure all assets (images, video) used for features are presented at the highest possible standards; leverage the GDG platform to enhance layout of text and images, enriching the interplay between each and improving the overall page design
- Provide before and after coverage of all CDC Market events; attend Markets as budgets and schedules allow, writing first-hand recaps of programs, activities and products
- Attend and report on CDC and relevant/accessible off-site events as needed, with willingness to work nights/weekends as necessary
- Produce, write and edit crisp, engaging content (approx. 250-500 words per story), compelling headlines and photo captions, infusing a professional yet approachable voice
- Offer national design world coverage; collaborate with each CDC property to develop stories and/or post content unique and specific to that individual design center; maintain awareness of regional, national and international design events, covering participating brands and lines where relevant
- Effectively run and develop social media strategy observing best practices to support each design center and their own digital channels; tag design centers and brands appropriately; share relevant content from CDCs on GDG channels to develop a truly reciprocal relationship; brand channels appropriately, using content from design centers or showroom brands; maintain banners and similar assets that are relevant and timely
- Eagerness to gain a deeper knowledge of the interior design world
- Participate in internal editorial brainstorms and bi-monthly planning meetings
- Monitor and report on analytics to gauge story performance
- Keep up with best practices from other branded and corporate blogs, modeling and contributing new ideas that generate innovative, relevant content
- Work with GDG IT support to proactively address any issues that may affect functionality
Go Design Go, our design center blog, invites you to enter the design world found within the four Cohen Design Centers across the country – the Pacific Design Center (PDC) in West Hollywood, California, Decorative Center Houston (DCH), Houston, Texas, Design Center of the Americas (DCOTA) in Dania Beach, Florida, and the Decoration & Design Building (DDB). Go Design Go is an easy-to-navigate virtual design center, covering the best in luxury home furnishings and the latest trends in the world of design, art, architecture, landscaping, and lifestyle, while giving a behind-the-scenes look at our high-profile market events and seminars that are presented by some of the biggest names in the industry.
To apply, send your resume and writing samples to email@example.com.
Sales – Luxury Lighting and Furniture Design – OCHRE
Posted date: 4/28/17
OCHRE seeks a highly skilled and motivated outside sales representative. The primary focus for this position will be generating new customers in New York City and throughout the US, while supporting existing accounts. Training will be provided along with competitive compensation including base salary, commission, and health insurance, paid vacation etc.
We are a close-knit team and are hoping to find the right person to grow within our company.
– Excellent communication and presentation skills.
– Flexibility/interest in traveling
– Significant knowledge of “to-the-trade” high-end lighting, furniture, and accessories.
– 3+ years of successful outside sales experience.
– Ability to manage an assigned sales territory and meet sales goals on a monthly basis.
– Strong organizational and time management skills, including attention to details.
– Must be well versed in Microsoft Office Software (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook).
– QuickBooks is a plus
About The Company: www.ochre.net
OCHRE is a luxury British lighting and furniture company that was founded in 1996. Along with selling directly to individuals, our clients consist of leading international interior designers and architects. OCHRE has worked on many custom projects for private residences, boutique hotels, and restaurants throughout the world. OCHRE showrooms are located in London;, and New York City; in SoHo and the D&D Building.
If you believe you are the right candidate for this position, please send your resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don’t contact this job poster. Do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers.
Textile Manager – John Rosselli & Associates
Posted date: 4/25/17
John Rosselli & Associates is looking for a Textile Manager. The Textile Manager is responsible for all elements of our textile department. We currently have 27 textile and wallcovering collections. The Sample Department and Sample Liberian, are under the supervision and guidance of the Textile manager.
The candidate is responsible for maintaining the display, training the sales staff on new product, vetting new collections, being a resource for the sales staff, resolving customer service issues, and as a liaison between showroom and manufacturers.
- Applicant must have 5 years experience in Textiles and Management
- Must have good communication, written and verbal skills
- Organized with attention to detail and possess strong follow up skills
- Must be able to multi-task
- Highly motivated
- Develop new client base and business development
- Responsible for quotas, sales analysis, and sales goals
- Excellent management skills
- Team Player
- References upon request
To apply, send your resume to email@example.com.
Showroom Manager – Charles H. Beckley Inc.
Posted Date: 3/20/17
Charles H. Beckley Inc. is seeking an experienced professional to manage our Manhattan showroom in the D&D Building. Candidate must have interest in the Interior Design industry and the clients we serve. Attention to detail is very important as we are a completely custom manufacturer. Candidate will need excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and must be able to work independently and without supervision.
Interior designers and architects rely on our showroom to bring clients and test for their preferred combination of our products. Prior knowledge of the bedding industry is a plus, however, not required. Beckley will train an individual willing to learn the knowledge required to have an educated conversation about the mattress purchasing process, and to guide them through the process of designing a custom upholstered bed.
- Computer literate and comfortable working in Microsoft Office Suite
- Organized and detail oriented
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
- Able to communicate details clearly and accurately
- Able to take copious, detailed notes
- Excellent phone skills and voice
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Answer all incoming phone calls
- Greet all clients entering the showroom
- Read and respond to all incoming emails
- Prepare showroom quotes as PDF documents
- Discuss and confirm technical details with clients and factory reps
- Advise clients on fabric suitability and yardage requirements
- Receive and document all payments sent to showroom
- Guide clients through the testing/selection process for our bedding
- Prepare detailed notes during all client meeting
- Answer questions (general and specific) about our product line
Hours: Tuesday through Friday 9am to 5pm. No weekends. No overtime required.
Salary: Commensurate with experience. Benefit packages available.
Please email resume and preferred contact phone number to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Part Time Architect and Design Lighting Sales Specialist – Baccarat
Posted date: 2/24/17
Develop the Baccarat business through the management and growth of sales in existing accounts and key chain accounts and the development of new points of sale. Develop and build A&D direct sales.
Job Location: D&D Showroom
Reports to: New York General Manager
Direct Reports: None
Hourly rate + Commission
Sells to the A&D business
- Actively prospects and sells directly to the A&D community for residential and b2b projects.
- Responsible for achieving annual sales plans
- Builds relationships with the clients, business partners, and professional designer / architect community
- Customizes or enhances presentations and presents to targeted clients.
- Propose and manage coordinated promotions and events,
- Prepares necessary documentation, operations, computer entry, coordination, and follow-up with the client, various departments and personnel within our US company, and with the parent company
- Experience required – professional sales to the architect and designer community with a strong track record of success
- Strong network within the professional designer and architect industry
- Strategic business development and prospecting experience
- Interpersonal and relationship building skills with clients and their business representatives, coworkers, and all levels of management
- Communication (written and verbal) – excellent ability to write and present proposals and presentations
- Effective negotiating skills
- Innovative and entrepreneurial oriented
- Judgment and decision-making skills, resourceful, works with minimal supervision
- Computer proficiency: word, excel, powerpoint and adobe or other programs to create presentations; ability to enhance or customize existing presentations
- Luxury or high end preferred.
To apply, send your resume to Regina Bonito, HR Manager Regina.Bonito@baccarat.fr
Outside Sales Representative: New York, Tri-State – Création Baumann
Posted Date: 12/28/16
Job Description: Creation Baumann is Swiss company that designs and manufactures exclusively to the interior design industry. We are seeking an experienced, motivated, responsible, timely and committed employee to join the New York team. Must be self-motivated, knowledgeable about the design market; possess strong presentation, verbal and written skills. Must be highly organized and have excellent follow through. Must have the ability to cultivate customer relationships, meet sales goals and develop new business opportunities.
Job Requirements: Experience in the design industry, Sales and or marketing. Reliable car, current driver’s license, proficient in computer skills including – Word and Excel.
About our company: Creation Baumann is a 130 year old international family company. With a Swiss manufacturing facility with a team of designers that design, manufacture and distribute quality fabrics. We pride ourselves in excellent customer service, fashion forward design in the interiors industry.
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Send your resume with cover letter to: Ranae.email@example.com
Outside Sales Position – Walters
Posted Date: 12/19/16
The outside sales associate will be responsible for seeking new opportunities and build upon client relationships within the NY design community. The candidate must have excellent communication skills and be able to work independently as well as being an active member of a strong team. The candidate must have prior sales experience.
- Professional and prompt, high-quality service to clients
- Drive sales to meet and exceed goals
- Follow up daily on outstanding quotes and orders
- Process quotes and purchase orders
- Conduct outside sales calls
- Attend and network with professional trade organizations, meetings, and events.
- Furniture industry knowledge
- Ability to work as a team player
- 2 years Sales experience
- Proficient on both Mac and PC platforms
- Performs other duties that may be assigned
Walters is a high-end Furniture and fabric company. Walters is a family owned company over 80 years old. We are looking for a high energy and creative person for our Outside Sales position based out of our showroom in the D&D building.
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SHOWROOM SALES ASSOCIATE – ROMO Group
Posted Date: 12/8/16
Join our dynamic team of Sales Associates and become the face of one of the most reputable, exciting and trendy companies in luxury textile design today. You will be the driving force in the development of our sales efforts for all of Romo’s seven brands in your geographic market. Romo’s team of representatives combine their passion for sales, luxury design, and customer service to drive sales growth and market share while forging strong and meaningful relationships with the design community.
As protagonist ambassadors of the Romo brand, our Sales Associates model the company’s values of integrity, originality and customer service, paired with a deep passion for the company’s contribution to the design profession.
If you are you looking for a successful and hip company that has the feel of a Silicon Valley start-up, with the foundation of an established 5th generation family owned business, then Romo may be your next home! We offer competitive salaries, bonus potential, and a comprehensive benefits package including 401k.
What will you do?:
- Work with Interior Design clients to promote suitable fabric and wallcovering solutions for a wide variety of design projects
- Shop designer schemes within existing product ranges
- Display integrity and a relentless commitment to providing the best possible customer service
- Manage all aspects of order enter including price requests, quote and order processing, along with follow up
- Maintain inventory of memo sample library
- Merchandise the showroom by properly maintaining showroom aesthetic while keeping displays visually enticing
- Manage our customer base and build key relationships within the design community
- Increase our customer base through research and observation, including the use of social media in order to create new leads and become a prime designer resource
- Make a conscious effort to host and attend industry events
- College degree and a minimum of 2 years of experience in either Design, fashion related sales, or prior industry sales experience
- Positive, energetic, can-do attitude
- Passionate about luxury products, interior design architecture and/or fashion
- Strong analytical, communication and organizational skills
- Excellent time management and follow up skills
What’s in it for you?
- A unique corporate culture with a strong focus on employee satisfaction.
- 100% covered Medical Benefits
- Life and disability Insurance
- 3 weeks of Paid Vacation
- Profit Share
- 401K with 4% match
Qualiﬁed candidates may send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com