Sample Librarian – Style/Library (Zoffany)
Posted date: 11/30/17
Style/Library is searching for a sample librarian to join our growing business. In this role, the qualified candidate will join our New York showroom team.
Our company, together with its subsidiaries, designs, manufactures, and distributes luxury interior furnishings, fabrics, wallpapers. These products are distributed under a number of well-established brands.
If you’re looking for a strong business then we maybe the company you are looking for. This position will report to a Showroom Manager while working closely with the customer service team. This is a great opportunity for someone who enjoys working in a fast paced environment and has a passion for design and interiors.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting designers, decorators, architects and sales team with product sample requests; fabric memos, wallpaper tear-sheets, trim cards
- Maintaining product literature so that it is always available to the customers
- Putting away sample returns daily
- Maintaining sample inventories and ordering replenishment samples as needed
- Organizing and sorting new collection sampling, seasonally
- Assisting in showroom merchandising of new collections; hanging batons and flat board samples
- Fulfilling e-mail sample requests from designers, decorators, architects, sales team, corporate office staff, and retail consumers via mail, UPS or FedEx
- Ordering office supplies
- Assisting with any other special projects, as required
A successful candidate must possess the following qualifications:
- Upbeat, positive attitude
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Provide strong team support
- Self-motivated and willing to take initiatives
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently in a faced-paced work environment
- Ability to switch/change assignments as necessary
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to learn and successfully use the company’s IT system, along with word and excel applications
- A genuine interest in the interior design industry and an eagerness to learn
Please submit your resume to email@example.com.
Outside Sales Representative – Clarence House
Posted date: 11/20/17
A leader in luxury textiles, wallcoverings, Passementerie and furnishings is seeking an outside sales representative to call on the interior design trade.
The position will be responsible for selling fabrics, wallcoverings and furniture lines as well as product and sampling to accounts within the Manhattan territory.
We are looking for a successful professional who will:
- Maintain relationships with existing clients as well as develop and grow new business in the residential and commercial sectors.
- Analyze the territory and identify growth opportunities for existing and new accounts.
- Collaborate with the showroom staff in order to maximize sales-
- Achieving individual
- And team goals.
- Attend industry events to network and promote Clarence House and its brands.
Candidate must be organized, detail-oriented, passionate about the product and the trade, have an extensive network or contacts within the luxury design community and be driven to succeed.
To apply, please Contact Mary Beth Brown, Regional Sales Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Inside Sales Associate – Pierre Frey
Posted date: 11/17/17
Pierre Frey, a leader in luxury textiles, wallcoverings and carpets, is seeking an inside showroom sales associate to develop residential sales in the New York territory. This is an opportunity to work for one of the most dynamic and respected companies in the luxury design industry. We are seeking a sales associate leader with extensive industry knowledge and relationships to maximize the potential of this high traffic showroom to increase our overall business.
- Exceed sales goals
- Maintaining excellent client relationships and nurturing new relationships for long-term sales growth
- Creating a welcoming and helpful showroom environment, greeting and working with customers in person and on the phone to help them find product to fit their projects,
- Networking at industry events and within the industry in general to promote the brand
- Keeping abreast of industry happenings and trends
- Maintaining consistent follow-up on client quotes and orders
- A strong drive and proven history in sales of textiles, wallcoverings, furniture or carpets
- An extensive network of contacts in the luxury design community
- Highly motivated team player with a positive and eager attitude
- A creative thinker and problem solver
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Highly organized, detail oriented
- Knowledge and passion for interior design, the arts and/or the luxury goods marketplace
- Professional demeanor
- Commensurate with experience
About Pierre Frey
Pierre Frey, founded in Paris in 1935, designs, creates and manufactures fabrics, wallcoverings and carpets in the purest French tradition, with extensive distribution worldwide. The company’s rich collection of over 7,000 items includes Pierre Frey designs as well as collections from the company’s other prestigious brands: Braquenie, Fadini Borghi, Boussac and Le Manach. For more information about Pierre Frey visit www.pierrefrey.com.
To apply, send your resume to email@example.com
Sales Assistant – The Robert Allen Design Group
Posted date: 11/9/17
Ensures each client’s visit to the showroom is a positive experience by providing professional and knowledgeable sales service. Achieves sales and profit objectives through selling activities.
Requirements include Associates degree or higher highly desired, 3-5 years sales experience in a showroom, retail environment, interior design or relevant field. Must have demonstrated an ability to achieve and/or exceed sales goals. Progressive negotiation and account management skills also required. Computer proficiency with working knowledge of all MS Office programs and Gmail. Home furnishing industry experience highly desired.
Essential Job Functions
- Achieves sales objectives as defined by Management through the implementation of account management programs.
- Implements strategies to ensure personal sales goals are achieved.
- Educates new clients on showroom product and services while providing a tour of the showroom and introductions to staff.
- Prospects new and inactive clients to optimize sales and client productivity.
- Actively participates in showroom events and activities including event preparation.
- Maintains continuous contact with clients, soliciting appropriate feedback and using information to build selling strengths.
- Promptly acknowledges and greets clients and visitors. Determines client needs, wants, dominant buying behavior and motivation to maximize selling opportunities.
- Incorporates effective negotiating techniques into sales strategies and utilizes competitor information in sales strategies. Prepares and presents accurate proposals.
- Develops thorough product knowledge through day to day selling activities, product research and participating in vendor and showroom product training.
- Actively uses appropriate technology and social media to notify clients of new merchandise and keeps clients updated on the status of orders and follows through on client inquiries.
- Participates in maintaining the appearance of the showroom floor on a daily basis.
- Completes inventory counts and price changes as necessary.
- Follows established administrative procedures in processing all sales orders.
- Accurately records information on product complaints, providing management with information to implement appropriate solutions.
- Work with the entire showroom team to assist where needed.
Outside Sales Representative – Try State Area-NJ-Long Island- CT-Brooklyn
Posted date: 11/6/17
Full-time.High-End showroom, looking for smart and passionate outside sales representative to call on the residential and commercial design trade.
You must be a motivated self-starter and exceptionally detailed. Having a design flair is a plus. Must have a car.
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, Attn: Dario Cano
SALES & MARKETING INTERN – CHESNEY’S
Posted date: 11/2/17
The Sales & Marketing Intern’s role will primarily involve assisting sales staff with day-to-day activities. This will include answering phones, adding content to social media outlets, entering data into sales database, tracking orders, creating marketing materials, and updating online product listings. Flexibility and a proactive approach are essential as we are a small team and projects come up frequently that fall beyond the scope of our defined roles. The ideal candidate will be articulate, detail-oriented, tech-savvy and driven. This position is structured as a two-day per week internship with the possibility to continue on as a full-time employee after 6 months.
This position involves exposure to elite designers, architects and their clients. Interest in interior design, stone, and/or architecture is desirable. Candidate must have fluency with Microsoft Office products, social media and the internet. Familiarity with QuickBooks, architectural drawings and the challenges of selling natural stone products are desirable.
ABOUT THE COMPANY:
Chesney’s is the world’s leading supplier of hand carved stone mantelpieces and architectural stonework. The company’s success is based on a passionate commitment to great design, intelligent engineering, craftsmanship, innovation and outstanding service.
To apply, please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.
Inside Sales Representative – Donghia
Posted date: 10/30/17
Donghia, Inc. a luxury textile, furniture, lighting and wall covering brand is seeking a seasoned Inside Sales Associate for the Donghia New Yok Showroom. The ideal candidate will be energetic and proactive, possess excellent sales and communication skills and have a passion for interior design.
- Provide exceptional customer service to appointments and walk in traffic
- Determine client requirements and expectations in order to recommend specific products and solutions to maximize selling opportunities
- Ensure sales goals are met or exceeded
- Explain the difference in quality of furniture between Donghia and our competitors
- Display detailed knowledge of all product lines
- Maintain updated customer information
- Help generate sales for all brands within the Donghia New York Territory
- Keep current showroom accounts abreast of new product launches through targeted mailings, telephone calls, emails, etc…
- Follow up on all sales to ensure customer satisfaction
- Conduct daily follow up for existing quotes
- Follow up on leads to generate new business
- Cultivate relationships within the local design community, and bring in key clients to special events
- Continuously build clientele and grow existing client sales
- Partner with the Territory Manager and other team players to implement innovative ways to market / sell Donghia and multi-line products
- Coordinate with Territory Manager to ensure client needs are met inside and out of the showroom
- Assist with showroom maintenance as designated by Territory Manager
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Previous inside sales experience in a high end luxury brand environment with primary focus on furniture
- Proven track record of achieving or exceeding sales quotas
- Exceptional time management skills
- Ability to negotiate and close deals
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Must have a positive attitude
- Must have the ability to learn multiple product lines
- Technically proficient, including Microsoft Office products
About the company:
Donghia, Inc. has consistently reflected the dynamic and innovative approach to design that its founder, Angelo Donghia, was renowned for.
Donghias’ collections of furniture, textiles, wallcovering, lighting and accessories are sold exclusively to interior designers and architects through Donghia’s nine showrooms across the United States and in over fifty representative showrooms throughout the world.
With a forty year history at the forefront of the luxury home furnishings industry, Donghia represents American design at its best.
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SALES ASSISTANT – Dedon
Posted date: 10/30/17
DEDON, Inc., the internationally recognized leader in luxury design and manufacturing, is eagerly seeking a New York Showroom Sales Assistant. This position is an entry-level role for someone eager to learn and break into the furnishings industry. A high focus on development and collaboration make this a great role for someone looking to become a member of a team!
DEDON was founded in 1990 and became the first company to weave synthetic fiber into luxury outdoor designs, setting a global standard of quality and innovation that informs its evolution to this day. DEDON’s vision is to redefine outdoor living through an attention to design and luxurious comfort. We are changing the way people live outdoors by working with the world’s leading designers and raising the bar for excellence and innovation in outdoor furniture.
With global headquarters in Germany and sales offices all over the world, DEDON, Inc., based in the United States of America is a rapidly expanding company looking for candidates that are eager to be a part of a growing team. Experience with furniture or luxury brands is preferable, but at DEDON we believe in hiring great people first and foremost!
Ideal candidates display the following characteristics:
- High motivation for success and exceeding goals
- An ability to proactively solve problems and generate solutions
- The desire to participate as an active team member
- A curious and critical nature
- An appreciation and eagerness for luxury while maintaining a down-to-earth demeanor
- Comfort with change and a desire for continual improvement
- A passion for delivering a luxury experience to clients
- Thorough and adept written and verbal communication skills
- Quick adaptability and desire to learn new programs and systems
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as the first point of contact to qualify clients on the phone and in person
- Liaise with customer service and the sales team to assist with client’s needs
- Assist clients on the floor in a positive, and proactive manner when Sales Associates are otherwise occupied
- Insure accuracy at all stages of the sales process, including extensive quote writing, revision, and processing
- Manage the daily cash flow of the showroom, working closely with finance
- Act as the right-hand of sales team through management of client information including lead generation, data entry and CRM database management
- Arrange all shipments in and out of the showroom, including daily sample requests, furniture deliveries and year-end inventory
- Maintain showroom brand standards, from adherence of the visual concept to offering appropriate hospitality to attentive inventory of office supplies and sample library
- College degree required, preferably in a creative field, business or marketing
- Experience in administrative support, marketing, customer service or design greatly preferred
- Computer literate-must be comfortable working in Apple OS, Microsoft Office Suite, CRM and display ability to learn new technologies and programs
- Must be extremely detail-oriented, specifically related to paperwork
- Must have exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to excel in high stress, time-sensitive industry with demanding clientele
- Willing to be flexible and adapt to new responsibilities or tasks as needed
- An interest in sales, interior, or product design is a plus
To apply, send your resume to Danielle.email@example.com
Intern – Holland & Sherry
Posted date: 10/20/17
Who we are:
Holland & Sherry has developed a wide range of interior design products including custom embroidery, fabric, rugs, wallcovering and trim. Every item we produce reflects our core values of quality and craftsmanship, in keeping with what Holland & Sherry started over 180 years ago.
Responsibilities include helping designer’s process sample requests, mailings, answering phones, shipping samples, organizing the sample library and maintaining products on the showroom floor.
During the Internship, you will have the opportunity to learn many aspects of our Custom Divisions, to include Display and Sample Merchandising, Product Development, Inventory Management, and Sales.
The position is a great opportunity to meet and work with many industry professionals. We are looking for someone to work 2-3 days a week (Monday, Tuesday, and one extra weekday) a maximum of 29 hours a week. This is a paid internship.
Must be self-motivated, professional, organized and an excellent communicator who can articulate ideas clearly and efficiently. Applicants with or working towards a design background or sales experience are preferred.
- Organized, detail oriented and strong time management skills are vital
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $11.00 /hour
To apply, send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Outside Sales Representative – Marc Phillips
Posted date: 10/16/17
The Outside Sales Representative will be responsible for seeking out opportunities and building strong client relationships within the design industry. We require an excellent communicator who is able to work independently as well as part of a strong team. Candidate must have prior sales experience, a great sense of design and preferably experience within the interior design industry.
- Book sales calls and presentations with design professionals
- Present products to top tier interior designers and architects throughout NYC
- Build strong professional relationships with existing clients
- Discover new clients and opportunities
- Attend design events, network, and entertain design clients
- Maintain a clear focus to achieve growth goals
- Contribute to being part of an amazing team
- Rug experience not required but preferred
- 5 years sales experience within the professional interior design community
- Great communication skills are a must
- Must be a team player
- Goal oriented
- Contagious enthusiasm
- Excellent design aesthetic
- Relationship builder
- The ability to manage a heavy suitcase
Salary + commission dependent on experience.
To apply, send your resume to email@example.com.
Full Time Assistant Bookkeeper for High End, Multi Line Textile and Furniture Showroom
Posted Date: 10/4/17
Must have a minimum of 5 years experience.
Disciplined hands-on and proactive in all phases of bookkeeping. Excellent communication, telephone, typing skills and a team player required. Duties include heavy order entry, processing orders, implement debts and credits to clients releasing orders and coordinate trucking companies, entering bills, checking manufacturers acknowledgements, preparing reports, invoicing clients, entering payments, filing and, interacting with the sales staff on the selling floor and manufacturers. Must be proficient in Quickbooks. No one will be considered unless accomplished in Quick Books. Salary Commensurate with experience.
To apply, please email your resume with your salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Part-time Showroom Assistant/Intern – Rose Tarlow Melrose House
Posted Date: 9/22/17
The Rose Tarlow Melrose House NY flagship seeks an organized, collaborative individual to join our showroom team for a part time position/internship. 1-2 days per week, ideal schedule for student. This role involves a mix of responsibilities including:
• Pulling client sample requests
• Managing sample library & replenishing memo’s on a weekly basis
• Providing back up for answering phones when necessary. Checking general voicemail/email regularly
• Maintaining adequate levels of office supplies/order new supplies as needed
• Ensuring that the showroom and office space is neat and organized at all times
• Additional duties as needed
• Strong organization skills
• Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
• Professional demeanor and a positive, self-starter attitude
• Must be proactive and diligent about follow up on all tasks, completing them with efficiency and precision.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office; experience with Excel
• Detail-oriented with the ability to prioritize tasks and juggle multiple projects
To apply, send your resume to email@example.com.
Sales Associate- JAB Anstoetz New York Showroom
posted date: 9/22/17
European based luxury home furnishings distributor JAB USA, Inc., is seeking a highly motivated Sales Associate for their flagship New York Showroom.
Excellent opportunity for a highly-driven sales professional with a proven track record of cultivating customer relationships and meeting sales goals. Experience in the luxury home furnishings market preferred. Must possess a passion for sales and be customer service oriented.
- Generate sales for all brands and product categories in the Tri-state area
- Manage and maintain current accounts
- Identify new clients and develop new client relationships
- Recognize and develop new business opportunities
- Place, manage and follow up on orders
- Work closely with customer service department
- Monitor and analyze the market to optimize sales strategy
- Work closely with outside sales team
- Help to maintain showroom merchandising, new collection installations and general showroom maintenance.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in the A&D luxury industry
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Attention to details and able to multi-task
- Team player
- Commitment to excellence
About the Company:
Celebrating their 70th year-The JAB Group is a leading European editor of decorative fabrics and furnishings to the interior design trade. Collections include JAB, Chivasso and Soleil Bleu brands. The Company has showroom locations throughout Europe, Middle East, Asia and North America. Flagship New York showroom located in the D&D Building.
Salary commensurate with experience. Commission plan. Full benefits package.
Interested applicants, please send your cover letter and resume including salary requirements to Caroline Vaughn, firstname.lastname@example.org
JAB USA, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer
SALES CUSTOMER SERVICE SUPPORT – Walters
Posted date: 9/22/17
WALTERS is an 84 years old company specializing in Residential and Hospitality industry, the leading company for all custom designs. We curated a vast collection of interior and exterior from Classic to Ultra-modern design, from Wicker to Powder Coated Aluminum in material.
As we are expanding our Residential Showroom Business, we are looking for a team player that is committed in servicing our sales team, and customers. This position will be based in our New York showroom, and report to Showroom Manager of WALTERS. Under this direction, you will be responsible to support our inside and outside sales team, act as liaison between sales reps, vendors, product managers, and clients.
Role and Responsibilities are:
- Enter and assist Sales reps with order entry
- Responsible for all Purchase Order entry and review to ensure accuracy
- Process payments
- Track and manage logistics of shipments to ensure orders arrive timely
- Responsible for product tagging for the showroom items, and responsible for receiving showroom products ensuring all are in showroom inventory list
- Maintain showroom marketing materials
- Assist Sales Team to enter quotes when needed
- Must be detail oriented and know how to prioritize workload
- Must be analytical and demonstrate strong interpersonal skills
- Excellent computer skills, specifically in NetSuite or any ERP system and Microsoft office
- Ability to communicate effectively in person and over the phone with clients, vendors and sales team
- Ability to multi-task and work on many projects simultaneously
- Ability to read complex documents and thorough
- 3+ years’ experience in customer service and organization skills
- 2+ years sales experience in Furniture industry preferred but not a must
- At least 1-year experience in sales
To apply, send your resume to, email@example.com.
Outside Sales Representative: New York City- Residential
Posted date: 9/22/17
European luxury home furnishing editor, seeks experienced, professional outside sales representative with a proven track record for New York City residential sales territory.
Excellent opportunity for a highly-driven, enthusiastic, organized sales representative with extensive knowledge in the luxury home furnishings industry with strong contacts. Must be a team player, self-motivated with a history of cultivating customer relationships and meeting sales goals.
Position is based out of the D&D building New York showroom.
- 2+ years of successful Outside Sales experience to the Design trade
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Existing knowledge of Home Furnishings Industry
- A passion for design
- Proven success in developing new business by expanding client base
- Work closely with the NY showroom team and Vice President of Sales
- Update sample libraries
- Follow up on client quotes and orders
- Prepare schemes for Designer
- Ability to set and maintain an active outside sales schedule
- Participate in relevant trade shows and sales conferences
- Attend industry events
Exact Salary: Commensurate with experience
Interested applicants, please send your resume with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal opportunity employer
HOLLAND & SHERRY – Sample Department Intern
Posted date: 8/16/17
Holland & Sherry is seeking an enthusiastic, efficient and highly organized intern to join our New York showroom sample department. As an industry leader, we experience some of the highest traffic in the D&D Building working with the top interior designers and architects in the world.
Responsibilities include preparing sample requests, assisting with replenishing sample stock, organizing sample returns and maintaining product displays on the showroom floor. You must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, enjoy working in a team environment and must be reliable.
This is an excellent opportunity to gain hands-on experience and learn about some of the highest quality interior products in the industry including fabrics, leather, wallcoverings and rugs. An ideal position for current students studying textile/interior/product design, recent graduates or those interested in the industry and eager to learn.
This position is paid and we require a commitment of 2 or 3 full-days per week.
Interested applicants, please email resume to Latrisa email@example.com for consideration
Sales Assistant – Edelman Leather
- Posted date: 8/2/17
- Job Description:
- COMPANY OVERVIEW – Come work at Edelman Leather! Edelman Leather is a specialty business of Knoll, a global office furnishings manufacturer committed to design excellence. Knoll is recognized internationally for creating workplace furnishings that inspire, evolve and endure. Edelman Leather is the premier brand of luxury leathers for interiors. Our craft is leather. Good leather is produced using hands, eyes, and sensitivity to create a beautiful product. Edelman Leather crafts the best leather in the world for Residential, Hospitality, Contract, Aircraft and Marine use. To learn more about Edelman Leather please visit our website www.edelmanleather.comPOSITION PROFILE – The Sales Assistant supports all activities as they relate to the sales process. The main focus of this position is to support the Sales Team in building the business through excellent Customer Service, actively setting up new Trade Accounts and adding to revenue through personal sales.
- Required Skills:
- Sales Support:
- Enhance the overall customer experience
- Greet and assist clients in the showroom, by phone and email
- Respond to client inquiries and execute marketing activities
- Provide administrative support to multiple levels of the sales team
- Attend outside sales presentations as needed
- Communicate features of product line and new introductions
- Generate quotes and process orders through CRM i.e. Salesforce
- Follow up on sales leads, CFA approvals, and sample requests
- Maintain product display and showroom aesthetic
- Manage sampling: restock, sample fulfillment and maintenance
- Conduct general administrative duties answering phones, filing, ordering supplies etc.
- Arrange shipments in and out of the showroom
- Work with building management as necessary for events, deliveries and maintenance
- Coordinate showroom visits and visual merchandising change-outs
- Manage catering for client meetings and marketing events
- 1-3 years’ experience in vendor/furniture sales, interior design or related field
- Strong interpersonal communication, presentation and organizational skills
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations
- Ability to communicate effectively with customers, associates, managers, outside contacts and corporate office both in person and by phone
- Ability to multi task and assist more than one customer at time
- Positive and energetic personality with problem solving capabilities
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit with the highest level of integrity
Location: New York, New York, United StatesPosition Type: Full-Time/Regular
To apply, send your resume to Diana Ferretti at dFerrett@edelmanleather.com.
Intern – Élitis
Posted date: 7/26/17
Elitis is seeking an intern. This job will last for anywhere from a school semester to 6months (possibly longer)
We are flexible to days and hours. Position is based in the showroom but some additional support at our HQ may be requested.
- Pulling sample memos (this requires some ladder climbing)
- Data Entry
- Creating and maintaining displays
- Keeping product organized and labeled
- Small errands
Please send resumes to: Contact.firstname.lastname@example.org