COMPANY: James Dunlop Textiles
CATEGORY: Sales/Marketing/Business Development
LOCATION: NEW YORK
James Dunlop Textiles is a 114-year old family business based out of New Zealand. We sell our interior furnishings textiles globally and have been active in the US for the last 16 years. We are at a new and exciting point in our US market development as we endeavour to have our own company employees active in the market assisting the ongoing success of our business partners and growing our US business to the next level.
We are looking for you to join our company and contribute your “hunter sales” skills, professionalism, knowledge and expertise to sell our James Dunlop brand in the vibrant New York market.
You will enjoy selling our fabrics, which have a unique viewpoint born from a curiosity about the world. Our ranges have a sense of purpose, designed with passion and innovation and they embrace the lives spent on and around them. Our fabrics span design trends, generations and cultures, they are the fabrics of life.
Our family values are paramount. We come together as professionals with integrity and strive for excellence. Our suppliers, and most importantly our customers know that our people care and are passionate about the product and level of service we provide, and we don’t let them down.
We use experience and industry knowledge to create a world class logistics operation utilising a state of the art wireless and paperless logistics system, this allows us to operate efficiently with the highest quality standards and to ship globally daily. Our success stems from a genuine passion for fabrics and a desire to exceed customer expectations at all levels every time.
This is an exciting opportunity to become the first US based company employee selling our James Dunlop brand and working in the vibrant New York market. The opportunity is to build upon a business foundation that has been established through a partner sales model and to actively grow the business in the territory, year on year.
We are seeking a Business Development Representative who is passionate about the textile industry, excited about working for an innovative New Zealand organization and flexible to adapt to a dynamic role.
You will be someone who makes a big difference to any role you apply yourself too, are a natural brand ambassador, strives to exceed customer expectations every time and enjoys delivering results over and above what is expected of you.
The Business Development Representative will bring their knowledge, passion, experience, expertise, relationships and networking abilities to the role to allow our company to build upon a business foundation that has been established through an agency sales model and to actively grow our company’s business in the territory, year on year. You will bring the following to the role –
- Experience in initiating, cultivating and sustaining strong mutually beneficial relationships with the A&D community in these territories.
- A deep understanding of interior design principles, fabric specifications, and the mid to high end market in both the residential and commercial segments (especially corporate and hospitality).
- Knowledge and experience of liaising with interior designers, architects, specifiers, purchasing agents and other design-based groups to deliver projects.
- Strong track record in generating consistent sales revenue and the ability to exceed sales targets.
- Impeccable professionalism in all interactions with clients and co-workers.
- An ability to act as an ambassador for our company, continually exceeding client expectations of our products and customer service.
- An ability to identify and develop new business opportunities through networking, relationship building and a drive for results.
- An ability to manage projects from start to finish—precise communications with clients, co-workers and management to ensure accurate invoicing, production and timely delivery.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills, time management and organisational skills.
- US citizenship or a Green card holder.
A package of remuneration and benefits appropriate to the role will be provided including an allowance for health care, 401K matching and paid vacation/personal days.
We will work with the successful candidate to create the most optimal working environment, including technology and samples storage space.
For further information see www.jamesdunloptextiles.com
Please send all covering letters and resumes to apply for this role to –