Since 1943, Patterson Flynn Martin (PFM), the rug and carpet atelier division of F. Schumacher & Co., has prided itself on offering the most thorough white-glove service in the industry, delivered by the highest caliber rug experts who understand the demands of the design world. PFM is the ultimate destination for exceptional hand-made rugs with irrefutable style and premium carpet staples that are the best of their kind – all guaranteed to meet the specific needs and lead times of its customers.
Our Showroom Operations Associate contributes in all aspects to the showroom operations team. This role is vital to the company and supports sample fullfilment process, showroom organization, inventory maintenaince, sample delivery and other operational aspects of PFM’s business.
- Maintain the showroom to a very high standard
- Move rugs (75lbs+)and samples as necessary for sales and customers
- Re-hang samples across the showroom after customers shop
- Process incoming and outgoing shipments- UPS/DHL/Messenger service etc.
- Fulfill sample requests from the website, local sales people and outside territories
- Place cuttings in sample boxes when they are returned from vendors and customers
- When in the showroom, direct customers to product as necessary
- Maintain clean and organized showroom operations area in the office
- Rotate focus of work depending on workflow needs and staffing
- Work on process improvement projects as needed – Examples:
- Take inventory of top samples on wings to identify what is missing
- Re-order cuttings from mills if others are on PTO
- Basic understanding of MS Office(Word, Excel, Etc..)
- Ability to wear many hats depending on workflow
- High attention to detail
- Team player understanding that the work is not done until all team members’ work is complete
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, sales team members, showroom operations team members
- Must be able to lift 50lbs +
- Understanding of technological systems and ability to learn new platforms as they are implemented
- Abililty to learn and contribute to improving operational processes
F. Schumacher & Co is a 131-year‐old interior design company that creates and distributes fabric, wallcovering and furniture to skilled businesses around the world. Our family‐owned company is synonymous with style, taste and innovation. Our collections are comprehensive, with an extraordinary range united by respect for classicism, an eye for the cutting edge, and an unparalleled level of quality.
But don’t be fooled! While we celebrate our storied heritage, we operate like a 131-year‐old startup. Our talented team is innovative and dynamic, and our culture is progressive and fun. In order continue our success; we are always looking for talented people that fit.
- Culture: In our company, you’re judged by your ideas and results, not by your experience or title. So, we encourage you to be thoughtful, casual, and to speak your mind.
- Development: We strive every day to develop you and your colleagues for what we believe is a challenging and supportive business environment.
- Teamwork: We believe that success and efficiency can only be a product of collaboration. At FSCO, working together is the rule, not the exception.
- Innovation: We have achieved success and longevity through innovation. And we encourage experimentation and rule breaking. Mistakes? Those are things we embrace, talk about and learn from.
- Life balance: Focused, productive time is more important than long hours. We believe in having enough time to be happy both in the office and out of it.
Send Resumes to:
Jr. Talent Manager