May 11, 2021
Showroom Operations Associate – Patterson Flynn Martin
Since 1943, Patterson Flynn Martin (PFM), the rug and carpet atelier division of F. Schumacher & Co., has prided itself on offering the most thorough white-glove service in the industry, delivered by the highest caliber rug experts who understand the demands of the design world. PFM is the ultimate destination for exceptional hand-made rugs with irrefutable style and premium carpet staples that are the best of their kind – all guaranteed to meet the specific needs and lead times of its customers.
Our Showroom Operations Associate contributes in all aspects to the showroom operations team. This role is vital to the company and supports sample fulfillment process, showroom organization, inventory maintenance, sample delivery and other operational aspects of PFM’s business.
- Maintain the showroom to a very high standard
- Re-hang samples across the showroom after customers shop
- Fulfill sample requests from the website, local sales people and outside territories
- Place cuttings in sample boxes when they are returned from vendors and customers
- When in the showroom, direct customers to product as necessary
- Maintain clean and organized showroom operations area in the office
- Rotate focus of work depending on workflow needs and staffing
- Move rugs and samples as necessary for sales and customers
- Process incoming and outgoing shipments- UPS/DHL/Messenger service etc.
- Work on process improvement projects as needed – Examples:
- Take inventory of top samples on wings to identify what is missing
- Re-order cuttings from mills if others are on PTO
- Ability to wear many hats depending on workflow
- High attention to detail
- Team player understanding that the work is not done until all team members’ work is complete
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, sales team members, showroom operations team members
- Must be able to lift 50lbs +
- Understanding of technological systems and ability to learn new platforms as they are implemented
- Ability to learn and contribute to improving operational processes
F. Schumacher & Co is a 131-year‐old interior design company that creates and distributes fabric, wallcovering and furniture to skilled businesses around the world. Our family‐owned company is synonymous with style, taste and innovation. Our collections are comprehensive, with an extraordinary range united by respect for classicism, an eye for the cutting edge, and an unparalleled level of quality.
But don’t be fooled! While we celebrate our storied heritage, we operate like a 131-year‐old startup. Our talented team is innovative and dynamic, and our culture is progressive and fun. In order continue our success; we are always looking for talented people that fit.
- Culture: In our company, you’re judged by your ideas and results, not by your experience or title. So, we encourage you to be thoughtful, casual, and to speak your mind.
- Development: We strive every day to develop you and your colleagues for what we believe is a challenging and supportive business environment.
- Teamwork: We believe that success and efficiency can only be a product of collaboration. At FSCO, working together is the rule, not the exception.
- Innovation: We have achieved success and longevity through innovation. And we encourage experimentation and rule breaking. Mistakes? Those are things we embrace, talk about and learn from.
- Life balance: Focused, productive time is more important than long hours. We believe in having enough time to be happy both in the office and out of it.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement
F. Schumacher & Co. is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity, inclusion, and equality in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law.
Send resumes to:
April 14, 2021
Marc Phillips Decorative Rugs
We are currently looking for a full-time stock person who will be responsible for:
- Showroom cleaning maintenance, stocking and inventory
- Assisting sales consultants with area rugs and checking samples in and out
- Receiving, storing, distributing and monitoring of goods, materials, and supplies
- Transporting rugs from loading dock
- Miscellaneous showroom assistance
- Ability to move up to 50 lbs. alone and up to 100 lbs. with assistance
March 29, 2021
Outside Sales Representative-Manhattan
Outside Sales Representative based in Manhattan representing Marc Phillips Decorative Rugs to a target client base. Including but not limited to interior designers, architects, contractors, purchasing agents; commercial, hospitality, entertainment & cruise industry.
Marc Phillips Decorative Rugs is an innovative, high-end manufacturer of exceptional hand-made rugs with showrooms in New York and Los Angeles.
The Outside Sales Representative will be responsible for seeking out opportunities, booking sales calls, presenting and building strong client relationships within the design industry. We require an excellent communicator who is able to work independently, as well as part of a strong team. Candidate must have a great sense of design and experience within the interior design industry.
Outgoing and Fearless
Professional and Stylish
Passionate for both Sales and Design
Organized, yet able to wing it
Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Competency with Mac OS. Adobe Suite experience is a plus.
We offer generous compensation: Salary, Commission and Benefits
If you possess experience in these areas, please send an introductory email along with your attached resume in pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You may visit our website at www.marcphillipsrugs.com
March 26, 2021
COMPANY: Giorgio Armani Corporation – Armani / Casa
DATE POSTED: 03/25/21
LOCATION: New York
The Armani / Casa Showroom Design Consultant is responsible for producing sales and building business relationships for the Armani / Casa brand. The Design Consultant is expected to interact with clients and develop new relationships through outside presentations, cold calling, client meetings and networking.
Meet and/or exceed personal sales goals as prescribed.
Develop new business relationships through meetings and networking.
Seek new trade clients through industry research and ‘cold-call’ outreach.
Maintain repeat clientele with consistent communication, while providing the highest level of service.
Carefully monitor client purchase histories, ensuring correct bookkeeping and maximizing suggestive selling.
Network with key trade industry partners and competitors to maximize client database.
Schedule and maintain showroom presence and organization to maximize the showroom as a selling tool.
Monitor all details and developments of special orders, along with shipping and delivery of product, to insure the close of a sale and complete client satisfaction.
Sustain a constant knowledge of the home furnishings and interior design industries and be able to speak clearly and intelligently to new trends and products.
Partner with other Giorgio Armani Client Advisors to ensure cross-branding sales opportunities.
Resolve all client problems and complaints quickly and effectively, insuring management involvement when necessary.
Computer proficiency (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint)
College degree preferred.
5+ years of experience in luxury home furnishings sales (2+ years in Trade Showroom sales)
Excellent communications skills both written and verbal.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
The Armani Group is one of the leading fashion and luxury goods groups in the world today with 10,500 direct employees, 12 production plants and more than 2,704 boutiques in 60 countries around the world. It designs, manufactures, distributes and retails fashion and lifestyle products including apparel, accessories, eyewear, watches, jewelry, home interiors, fragrances and cosmetics under brand names: Giorgio Armani, Emporio Armani and A|X Armani Exchange.
The Armani/Casa aesthetic philosophy focuses on simple lines and perfect proportions, enriched by precious materials, refined finishes, and elegant textiles. The distinctive style incorporates a harmonious combination of different inspirations and design codes to form a sophisticated atmosphere.
March 8, 2021
SALES ASSOCIATE POSITION
Osborne & Little NYC is looking for an enthusiastic, upbeat full-time Showroom Sales Associate with a roll-up-their-sleeves, can-do way of thinking, who can handle multiple duties in a fast-paced environment.
· Work closely with clients and offering schematic design solutions
· Process reserves and orders and follow-up
· Follow-up on leads
· Act as customer service liaison
· Answer phones
· Assist with the rotation of all product in the showroom.
· Individual must be dedicated team-player possessing excellent sales, communication, customer service, and computer skills.
· Candidate must have pleasant phone manner, be highly organized, efficient, professional and detail oriented.
ABOUT OUR COMPANY
Osborne & Little is one of the world’s leading names in fabric and wallpaper design. Cherishing its reputation for innovation and quality, it has grown into one of the great British brands, globally renowned and respected.
Started in the London of the Swinging Sixties, Osborne & Little’s very first award-winning collection of exciting hand-printed wallpaper broadened design horizons and brought instant success.
Since then, it has developed into a dynamic international company. Fundamental to the success is Osborne & Little’s imaginative approach, which explores diverse sources of inspiration to produce designs that embrace both classic and contemporary styles. For half a century its distinctive and appealing designs, across printed fabrics, weaves and trimmings have been at the heart of interior trends. Many designs are now housed in museum collections such as the Victoria & Albert in London, the Cooper Hewitt in New York, and the Chicago Institute of Art.
Osborne & Little cherishes its reputation for innovation and quality and is as inspired and energetic today as ever, creating a constant stream of new collections that push forward boundaries.
To apply, please send your resume and salary requirement to NewYork@oalusa.com.