Holland & Sherry’s New York showroom seeks a full-time sample librarian for our fast paced, growing custom Rug Department. This is a great opportunity for design enthusiasts to begin a career in the field with one of the most prestigious brands.
Our new team member must be extremely personable, highly motivated, organized, hardworking, customer service oriented and highly skilled in time-management. This is an opportunity to learn about our beautiful custom product as well as become a valued team member.
Our company is rapidly expanding; creating exciting new opportunities for career growth.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Organization of rug sample library
- Maintenance of rug sample displays
- Follow set protocols for receiving incoming samples to the showroom
- Receive, track and ship samples in a timely manner
- Label samples as needed and per set procedures
- Light merchandising of rug sample displays
- Assist Sample Room Manager with implementation of barcoding system for inventory control
- Assist salespeople with any needs that may arise during a sales meeting, in addition to sample returns, etc. following a sales meeting
- Breakdown of boxes and removal of trash in Sample Room
- Must possess a strong interest in the interior design trade as well as interpersonal, communication and computer skills.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Word and Excel
- Proactive approach to work
- Physical strength to move materials up to 20 lbs., and comfort working on a ladder occasionally
- Ability to follow internal procedures and systems
- Capability to thrive in a multi-tasking environment with flexibility and resilience
- 1-2 years relevant work experience a plus but not required
- High School Diploma or equivalent
Please send resumes to: email@example.com